Bolivia Crossing (La Paz to Buenos Aires)
12 days with
Day 1 Arrive La Paz
Arrive at any time.
Days 2-3 Night bus/Potosí
Travel by overnight bus to Potosí. Optional excursion to a working silver mine or free time to explore the city.
Day 4 Uyuni
Travel by bus to Uyuni.
Days 5-6 4x4 Atacama Desert Crossing Excursion/Uyuni
Three day 4x4 excursion to the Salar de Uyuni and surrounding desert altiplano with spectacular scenery. (2B,2L,2D)
Days 7-8 San Pedro de Atacama
Cross by 4x4 into Chile and descend by bus to San Pedro de Atacama. Optional excursions to nearby ruins, mountain biking, or a visit to the Valley of the Moon.
Days 9-10 Salta
Cross into Argentina and travel to Salta by bus. Included scenic van ride following the route of the 'Train to the Clouds.' Optional activities include mountain biking, exploring the city and surroundings and enjoying the local cuisine.
Day 11 Buenos Aires
Fly to Buenos Aires. Optional city tour or free time to explore the many attractions and museums. Optional tango show and dinner.
Day 12 Buenos Aires
Depart at any time.
All This Included
This quick trip across South America takes you from the Incan spirit of La Paz to the tango palaces of Buenos Aires and gets you off the beaten path and into the extraordinary. Journey across the surreal landscapes of the Atacama Desert and the salt flats of Salar de Uyuni—this desolate region is like nowhere else on earth and a remote treasure that you’ll never forget. Our expert CEO will lead the way and share with you the hidden gems will have your camera’s shutter working overtime as you explore the Andean highlands and the diverse scenery of Bolivia, Chile and Argentina.
- Van ride following the famous route of the Train to the Clouds.
- 3-day 4WD excursion to the Salar de Uyuni.
- 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners.
- Plane, buses, 4WD truck.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Discovering colonial cities and historic cultures.
- Spending three days in the high mountain wilderness and salt flats of Uyuni by 4x4.
- Witnessing the stunning scenery and unique cultures of Northern Argentina.
Hotels (8 nights)
Night Bus (1 night)
Very basic hostels on Salar de Uyuni crossing (multi-share) (2 nights)
- Small group experience; Max 15, Avg 10.
- May include outdoor endeavours like hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking which require an average level of fitness.
- Allow $145-190 for meals not included.
- Please ask your Vacations To Go travel counselor for more information.
Terms and Conditions
For G Adventures
terms and conditions, please click here
The prices shown are U.S. dollars per person, based on double occupancy, and subject to availability. Prices quoted for land/cruise arrangements are subject to increase without notice. Once we have received your deposit, land/cruise prices are guaranteed. Air prices quoted via phone or email are subject to increase and are guaranteed only from the time that full payment is received. Also, air prices or air promotions mentioned on this site or on the phone do not include baggage fees imposed by airlines.