Terms and Conditions
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE TOUR PRICE
Inter-city Travel: By private motorcoach, trains, and ferries (see itineraries).
Touring: By deluxe air-conditioned motorcoaches with on-board washroom and only 49 reclining seats for maximum comfort.
Note: On some Regional tours, motorcoaches without toliet facilities are used. In the Middle East air-conditioned motorcoaches (or mini-coaches in Israel) without toliet facilities are used. If, due to circumstances beyond our control, these are used on tours otherwise advertised on the itinerary page, a refund of $10 per person will be made.
Hotel Accommodation: Prices per person are based on two persons sharing a twin-bedded room with private bath or shower.
Cruises: Per person prices are based on two persons sharing a cabin with two berths, private shower and toilet. A limited number of single cabins are available at an extra cost.
Tour Director: Escorted tours are conducted in English only by a professional Tour Director. Hosted service is provided in Athens, Barcelona, Cairo, London, Paris and Rome.
Meals: Meals included as detailed on itineraries.
Sightseeing: Excursions and entrance fees to places of interest visited as detailed on each itinerary with an English-speaking guide where necessary.
Transfers: Between airports, hotels, and piers where indicated on the tour itinerary.
Porterage: Baggage handling for one suitcase per person on tour, at hotels, is included on the tour price. Due to limited coach capacity, this single bag should have dimensions not exceeding 30"x 18"x 10" and weight not exceeding 60lbs (27 kg). These restrictions are subject to change and need to be verified with your Vacations To Go travel counselor at the time of booking. A charge of US $3-4 per traveling day will be collected by the Tour Director if a second piece of baggage is carried, or if the suitcase exceeds the established weight and/or dimensions.
Tips and Taxes: All tips are included for services on tour provided by dining room waitstaff, chambermaids and porters at hotels, airports, docks and stations.
Please note: Should a "roll-away" bed be required, there will be a small additional charge payable directly to the hotel, and cannot be guaranteed to be available. Substitute hotels may be used at certain times and will be of similar standard whenever possible. Please note that single rooms will generally be smaller than twin-bedded rooms. There are a limited number of "twin-shared" rooms available with our roommate matching service. Passengers who are members of Hotel Frequent Traveler programs are not entitled to earn points with any of the hotels featured on a Trafalgar tour.
Port charges, government fees and taxes on cruises are subject to change without notice.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR PRICE
Airfares, except where specified, airport flight taxes and fees, passport and Visa fees, insurance of all kinds, laundry, phone calls, beverages, meals not detailed in the itinerary, tips to Tour Directors, motorcoach drivers and local city guides, items of a personal nature, excess baggage, optional excursions, etc. The tour price also does not cover costs and expenses, including the return to your home, if you leave the tour at your own volition, or due to an illness, or as a consequence of official action by the government of any country visited.
IMPORTANT LAND AND AIR PACKAGE INFORMATION
Fuel Surcharges: All land and air prices include airline fuel surcharges.
Taxes and Fees: Government entity imposed taxes and fees are not included in air prices listed on this website. These include:
Taxes and fees are subject to change without notice and will be confirmed at time of booking.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND CONDITIONS
Tour Prices: Are based on costs, charges, tariffs rates, prices, taxes, levies, and exchange rates as of September 30, 2003. Should the total tour price increase by more than 10%, passengers will have the right to cancel their tour within 7 days of notification of the surcharge without penalty. No surcharges with respect of cost or currency fluctuations will be made once payment for the deposit of your land tour is received. This does not apply to fuel charges and any taxes, charges or levies imposed by any Government or their agencies.
Child Reductions: Child reductions are available on selected tours. Please call your Vacations To Go travel counselor.
Teen Reductions: Teen reductions are available on selected tours. Please call your Vacations To Go travel counselor for details.
Tour Participation: Children under 5 years of age are ineligible. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. (Children must be 8 years of age to travel to Africa with Trafalgar). Passengers with disabilities are welcome on Trafalgar's tours, providing they are accompanied by a companion capable of providing all assistance required, and do not require special assistance from Trafalgar personnel. Trafalgar reserves the right to refuse to carry anyone, it is felt cannot cope with the requirements of coach tour travel and who may require services and facilities that Trafalgar cannot guarantee will be available. You agree to not hold the Trafalgar group of companies responsible for any decision made by any of them or any service provider to refuse to carry you, provide any facilities or accommodation to you or to provide any service to you.
Itinerary Variations: Trafalgar constantly strives to improve tour itineraries and features. If such improvements can be made, or unforeseen circumstances beyond Trafalgar's control make changes necessary - Trafalgar reserves the right to vary itineraries and to substitute hotels. At certain peak periods duplicate departures may operate, and sometimes in reverse order in which case hotels may vary from those stated on the itinerary pages. On tours that include cruises the ship may be changed due to operational reasons.
Smoking: Smoking is strictly prohibited on the coach, however, regular comfort stops are made on traveling days.
Tour Cancellation: Trafalgar reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule any tour departure in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control. If cancellation is made any time prior to departure of the tour Trafalgar's only liability will be to refund the passenger the amount it has received for the tour booking. Trafalgar will try to re-book the same or similar tour and, where flights have been confirmed by Trafalgar, will attempt to confirm air seats for new dates selected, subject to availability.
Trafalgar is not responsible for any other travel arrangements affected due to cancellations.
Extended Stays: If you have arranged with Trafalgar to remain at a destination after the termination on your tour, please understand your tour will be at your sole expense as is the transfer to the airport for your return flight.
Once you have paid your deposit in full, the land tour price confirmed to you by your Vacations To Go travel counselor is guaranteed (excluding fuel surcharges and government taxes).
RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENT
Vacations To Go accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. Your payment is not deemed made until it is received by Trafalgar Tours.
A non-refundable deposit of $200 per person per tour is required for Trafalgar to hold seats for you.
The deposit forms part of your final payment and if not received within 7 days of booking, the reservation will automatically be cancelled. On certain departures, deposits may be required to hold seats at time of booking.
The final payment is due 45 days prior (except for the Alaskan cruise where payment is required 60 days prior) to departure.
Trafalgar reserves the right to cancel the reservation and impose cancellation charges should payments not be received within the above specified periods.
Travel documents will be sent to you approximately 14 days prior to tour departure (providing full payment has been received). If you are leaving home earlier please notify your Vacations To Go tour counselor. Trafalgar will assess a $25 fee to provide travel documents earlier than 21 days prior to departure. A documentation delivery charge of $4 per person may also apply.
BOOKING CHANGES, CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
Booking Changes: A fee of $30 per transaction will be charged for any revision or alteration made to a reservation after booking is confirmed.
Note: Cancellation fees will be charged if you cancel your entire tour package to reschedule for a different date.
Cancellations and Cancellation Fees:
Refunds and Penalties:
Note: If a promotional airfare is broken or extended for any reason an additional cost may be incurred. Airfares are subject to change at any time. Changes to flight itineraries and name changes may result in penalties charged by the Airline concerned and passed on to the passenger. Promotionally priced bookings may be subject to additional cancellation or change fees.
BEFORE YOU JOIN YOUR TOUR
Passports & Visas: You are responsible for all visas, entry, health and other requirements and any documents required by laws, regulations, orders and/or requirements of countries visited. Please call your Vacations To Go travel counselor for more information.
The operators and/or their servants and agents are not responsible for passport, visa requirements, entry, health or other requirements of the countries visited or for any loss sustained by you for failing to comply with laws, regulations, orders, and/or requirements of countries visited.
Travel Documents: Please read the documents and tour literature which are sent to you, in an attractive wallet, before departure - they contain a wealth of advice and essential information to make your vacation as enjoyable as possible.
Holidays & Changes: During local or national holidays abroad, certain facilities such as museums, sightseeing tours and shopping may be limited. In such instances, and whenever possible, slight itinerary adjustments are made by Trafalgar Tours to minimize inconvenience to tour members. If, however, your enjoyment might be diminished by such minor limitations, please check with your Vacations To Go tour counselor before selecting a departure. Holidays, closing days and other circumstances may change the day of the week for scheduled "dining out", gala dinners, sightseeing and other activities.
Air Conditioning: Please be advised that foreign air conditioning systems in public places, ships, hotels, and motorcoaches are not up to USA standards.
Plan Your Budget: You are advised to do this well in advance and be sure to allocate funds for special events while on tour, such as theatre, celebration meals, shopping and side trips, and additional optional tours.
Trafalgar Operations Limited, referred to as the Operator, is the agent for Trafalgar Tours International Ltd., who has empowered the Operator on its behalf to undertake the following duties:
1. The Operator shall be responsible to the passenger for supplying the services and accommodations described, except where such services cannot be supplied or the itinerary used is changed due to delays or other causes of whatever kind or nature beyond the control of the Operator. In such circumstances, the Operator will do its best to supply comparable services, accommodations and itineraries and there shall be no refund in this connection.
2. The itinerary, along with all terms and conditions set forth here, represent the entire agreement between the passenger and the above mentioned Operator.
3. In the absence of its own negligence, neither the Operator nor its agents or co-operating organizations shall be responsible for any cancellations or for acts of any other service providers concerned, diversions or substitution of equipment of any act, variations, postponements, omission or default whatsoever by air carriers, land carriers, hoteliers or hotels, transportation companies, or any other persons providing any of the services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof, such as changes in service, accommodations or facilities necessitated by same. Nor shall they be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or property, or for injury, illness or death, or for any damages or claims whatsoever arising from loss, negligence or delay from the act, error, omission default or negligence of any person not its direct employee or under its exclusive control, including any act, error, omission, default, or negligence of any country, government or governmental authority, officer or employee. All baggage and personal effects are at all times and in all circumstances at the risk of the tour participant. Baggage insurance is recommended. Upon return to the United States, if lost articles are found and returned to the owner, a minimum service fee of $50 will be charged. The carriers, hotels and other suppliers who provide services on tour are independent contractors; they are not agents, employees or servants of the Operator or their associated companies. The Operator is not responsible for any criminal conduct by third parties.
4. Where the passenger occupies a motorcoach seat fitted with a safety belt, neither the Operator nor its agents or co-operating organizations or service providers concerned will be liable for any injury, illness or death or for any loss or damages or claims whatsoever arising from any accident or incident, if the safety belt is not being worn at the time of such accident or incident.
5. Transportation companies, airlines etc. are not to be help responsible for any act, omission or event during the time passengers are not on board planes, transportation or conveyances. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or transportation companies when used shall constitute the sole contract between the airline, transportation company and passenger or purchaser of this tour and the Operator assumes no responsibility in this connection. Enrollment in and payment for a tour shall constitute agreement and acceptance by the passenger of the terms and conditions set forth here which cannot be varied except in writing by an officer of the Company.
6. The agreement arising between the passenger and Trafalgar and the booking made by the passenger shall be governed by the law of the State of New York, which shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the case of any dispute between the parties.
7. In the case of computer or human billing error, the Operator reserves the right to reinvoice participants with correct billing.
8. Every effort is made to ensure accuracy; however Trafalgar cannot be held responsible for printing or typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances.
9. The invalidity of any of the provisions hereof shall not affect the validity of any of the other provisions, and the agreement shall be construed as though such invalid provision had never been contained herein.
It is the responsibility of the passenger to comply with the terms, conditions or requirements of any service provider, or any country or governmental authorities, or to bear any costs or losses incurred as a consequence of you not complying with them.
ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL TOURS
With Trafalgar, you will enjoy many of the world's famous highlights as included features on your tour - at no extra cost. However, there is an exciting array of Additional Highlight Excursions which we make available to further enhance your enjoyment.
These excursions are optional, and are offered at special preferential prices on selected tours only. They can only be booked once you have started your tour, as they are carefully programmed to coincide with the best highlights available at the time of your visit.
A detailed list and cost of these and many more exciting options is included in your tour documentation. You can book and pay for them through your Tour Director, by cash, Travelers Checks or Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards.