Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT: The terms, conditions and limitation of liability under which the Tours operate are set out in these terms and conditions and the payment of the Security Deposit or Tour Price represents acceptance by You of the terms set out below:
In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and the Tour Brochure, the terms and conditions will prevail to the extent of that inconsistency.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
1. Cruise: (prices are based on two people sharing a standard or private balcony cabin, a limited number of single cabins are available). Suites and staterooms are fitted with a modern flat screen TV, superior air conditioning system, internet access, minibar, hairdryer, personal safe and state the art in room entertainment system with 1000 DVD’s on demand.
2. Sightseeing: Daily excursions outlined in your itinerary are included at no extra cost, with an English-speaking guide, where necessary.
3. Hotel Accommodation: Prices are again based on two persons sharing a room.
4. Meals: As outlined in your tour itinerary. Buffet breakfasts, light lunches and four course dinners with complimentary wine are offered on most itineraries. Open seating, dine at a table of your choice is also featured on our river cruising.
5. Cruise Director: An English speaking Cruise Director accompanies every departure. They are there to ensure your comfort, answer questions and make your holiday relaxed and memorable. Cruise Directors are employed by Scenic Tours.
6. Transfers: Airport to pier and pier to airport transfers are only available on the day the tour commences and the day the tour terminates, as outlined in your itinerary. Clients with pre or post hotel accommodation (booked by Scenic Tours) will also receive transfers to and from the airport.
7. Baggage Handling: Is included for one bag per person as outlined under Baggage Allowance.
8. Gratuities: All tipping onboard our ships, as well as on all land itineraries included.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
9. Airfare to and from your destination except where specified.
10. Airport/Departures taxes, Passport and Visa fees, Insurance, Laundry, phone calls, Wine and Liquor (unless specified), Excess baggage, Port taxes and optional excursions.
11. The cruise price does not cover costs and expenses, including the return trip home, if you leave the cruise early.
Definitions and interpretation:
12. In these terms and conditions, unless the context otherwise requires: capitalised words have the meanings given in the dictionary in clause 78; and these terms and conditions must be interpreted in accordance with clause 79.
13. The tours in the Tour Brochure are co-coordinated by ST Touring Canada a division of Scenic Tours Limited (Company).Bookings:
14. Any booking is made pursuant to these terms and conditions.
15. It is a condition of booking that you are fit and able to take care of yourself for the duration of the Tour.
16. The Company may, if in the opinion of any representative of the Company or Carrier, either refuse to allow You on the Tour or expel You from the Tour if Your mental or physical condition is such as to render You: incapable of caring for Yourself; likely to become objectionable to other passengers; or a hazard to Yourself or other passengers. The Company will not be liable for any expenses arising from such persons being precluded from completing the Tour for any such reason.
17. Each booking is conditional on the Company securing the minimum number of bookings required to operate the Tour and to ensure an enjoyable group atmosphere. Where sufficient numbers cannot be achieved, the Company reserves the right to cancel or suspend a scheduled departure. The Company will endeavour to make any decision to cancel or suspend the Tour within 60 days prior to the scheduled Tour departure date.
18. If your booking is not a twin-share booking you must pay the Single Supplement Rate for the Tour at time of booking. At Your request, the Company will endeavour to match you with another single traveller. If the Company is successful, you will be refunded the Single Supplement Rate within 2 weeks of completion of the Tour. The Company otherwise accepts no responsibility for the suitability of the rooming partner and it is a condition of travel that single passengers willing to share accommodation and accept the rooming partners allocated by the Company. If a passenger at any time during the tour considers the rooming partner to be unsuitable, the Company will, using the pre-paid single supplement and subject to availability, attempt to arrange single accommodation for the remainder of the tour. Please inquire for full details.
19. Where available, you will be allocated a cruise cabin or room category as requested in your booking and referred to in the Tour Brochure. You may request an upgrade to another cabin or room type by notice in writing to the Company and on payment of the difference in the Tour Price and the Variation Fee.
20. If you have any special requirements (including dietary requirements) you must notify those requirements to the Company at the time of booking and reconfirm your request with the Scenic Tour Director upon arrival. Special requests are a request only.
21. Currencies continually fluctuate, but with Scenic Tours, once you have paid your deposits in FULL, Your Cruise price is guaranteed, and any subsequent Cruise cost increases at our expense. (Excluding any imposed fuel surcharges, any airline surcharges that are part of the land package and or Government taxes)
Free Airport Transfers:
Arrival and Departure Transfers
22. Transfers are only available on the day of the River Cruise commencement and the day the Cruise ends.
23. Clients whom have purchased hotel stays prior to or after their Cruise (with Scenic Tours) will be provided transfers to and from their hotel to relative airport.
24. Your documentation will reflect all transfers booked and confirmed.
25. Upon arrival at the airport, passengers will need to make their way to the meet and greet area, where they will be met by a Scenic Tours Representative holding a Scenic Tours sign.
26. Passengers missing their pre booked transfers will be responsible for making their own arrangements to and from the ship at their own costs.
27. Scenic Tours requires flight details no later than 60 days prior to your departure; otherwise transfers may not be able to be guaranteed. (Please ensure your travel agent reserves your flights with adequate transfer time to the prier to commence Your Cruise)
28. The features of the Tour are set out in the Tour Brochure.
29. The Company makes no representation about the features of any Tour other than those expressly set out in the Tour Brochure and these terms and conditions.
30. The Tour Brochure and these terms and conditions are valid for the departure date as stated in the Tour Brochure unless otherwise indicated.
Variation and Cancellation by the Company:
31. The Company reserves the right to: alter or change the accommodation, Carriers or vessels at any time for any reason; and cancel or alter the itinerary and/or Tour at any time without notice as the Company considers necessary for any reason whatsoever including road, weather or traffic conditions, non performance of suppliers, industrial action, operational conditions and requirements, water level problems, excessive winds or Force Majeure event.
32. Where a Tour is cancelled prior to the departure date, the Company will use its reasonable endeavours to offer the nearest possible alternative tour (subject to a refund or payment to cover any tour price difference) or, if this is not acceptable to You, refund the Tour Price or such portion of it as the Company considers appropriate.
33. In the event of industrial action affecting air, rail, cruise or tour related transportation the Company will make every effort to contact the client and advise alternative arrangements. The Scenic Tours after hours emergency number is +61 418 686 507.
34. You acknowledge the Company is often not the provider of attractions, excursions and/or optional tours (Tour Inclusion). Accordingly, You agree the Company may, where it is required to do so, suspend or cancel any Tour Inclusion where that Tour Inclusion is not available or, in the opinion of the Company, unadvisable or unsuitable.
35. You agree the Company is not liable for, and You discharge and release the Company and its directors, officers, employees, agents or subcontractors absolutely and unconditionally from all Claims arising from or in connection with the Company exercising its rights under clauses 31-36.
36. Any expense incurred by you as a result of the Company exercising its rights under clauses 31-36 will be your sole responsibility.
Variation or Cancellation by You:
37. If You request a variation or change to your booking, the Company may choose to accept or reject that request at its sole discretion. If the Company accepts your request, you must pay the variation or change Fee.
38. You may cancel your booking by notice to the Company in writing and payment of the Cancellation Fee.Security Deposit:
39. To secure any booking, you must pay the Security Deposit.
40. Any Security Deposit paid will automatically be credited towards the Tour Price at the time of final payment, unless otherwise requested.
41. Security Deposits are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Tour Price and Payment:
42. The Company reserves the right to vary the Tour Price advertised or printed to cover any increase in airfare, fuel price, Government taxes and charges, exchange rate fluctuations, or other Tour related tariffs and costs subject to price guarantee.
43. While travel agents can forward deposits and other payments on your behalf, they are not the Company’s agent for the purpose of receipt of monies. Delivery to a travel agent of the Security Deposit or any part of the Tour Price does not constitute receipt by the Company and the Company is not liable in respect of any money paid to your travel agent until such monies are received by the Company. You acknowledge portions of the Tour may be provided by Carriers and accordingly accept that the Company may pass on any surcharge or other increase imposed by a Carrier without notice and You must pay that surcharge or increase as part of the Tour Price.
44. Variation or Change Fee: A fee of $50 per file is payable for each change to the clients original booking to cover communication and administration cost.GST:
45. If GST becomes payable by a party (the Supplier) in relation to any supply that it makes to the other party (the Recipient) under or in connection with these terms and conditions, the parties agree that: any consideration provided for that supply under these terms and conditions other than under this clause or any value deemed for GST purposes in relation to that supply (Agreed Amount) is exclusive of GST; an additional amount will be payable by the Recipient equal to the amount of GST payable by the Supplier in relation to that supply and the additional amount is, subject to having received a correctly rendered tax invoice from the Supplier, payable at the same time as any part of the Agreed Amount is to be provided for that supply; and the Supplier must provide the Recipient with a tax invoice in accordance with the GST Act.
46. Where, under of these terms and conditions, one Party is required to indemnify another, the amount by which the indemnifying party indemnifies the other does not include any amount for which the indemnified party (or an entity grouped with the indemnified party for GST purposes) has claimed, or is entitled to claim an input tax credit under the GST Act.
47. Where the Company is the sole provider of the Tour, the Company warrants the Tour will be carried out with due care and skill in a competent manner and according to generally applicable industry standards.
48. To the extent permitted by law, all other express or implied warranties, representations or terms other than those expressly contained in these terms and conditions are expressly excluded.
49. Where law implies any condition or warranty which cannot be excluded, then the Company’s liability for any breach of such implied condition or warranty is limited, at the Company’s absolute discretion, to one or more of the following: in the case of goods, any one or more of the following: the replacement of the goods or the supply of the equivalent goods; the repair of the goods; the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; or in the case of services: the supplying of the services again; or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
50. Despite any other provision in these terms and conditions, and to the extent permitted by law, the Company’s total liability to you or any third party for any Claims made by you or any third party (including Claims in negligence) relating to the Tour, will not exceed the Tour Price actually paid by you.
51. The Company will not be liable for any loss of profit, savings or revenue or interest or any other consequential, indirect, incidental, special or punitive loss, damage or expenses even if the Company has been advised of their possible existence and even if such loss, damage or expense is caused by the Company’s negligence or the negligence of Carriers.
52. Nothing in these terms and conditions will operate to exclude, restrict or modify the application of any provision of the Business Practices and Consumer Protection Act (British Columbia), SBC 2004 or any equivalent Canadian legislation, the exercise of a right conferred by such a provision, or any liability of the Company for a breach of a condition or warranty implied by such a provision, where it is unlawful to do so.
53. You agree the Company is not liable for, and You discharge and release the Company and its directors, officers, employees, agents or subcontractors absolutely and unconditionally from: any loss suffered by You directly or indirectly arising from any Tour failing to arrive or depart at the times stated in the Tour Brochure (including accommodation expenses and missed travel connection expenses); any non-performance, change of itinerary or delays in departure or arrival times of other suppliers or Carriers; reliance by You on any representation made by the Company directly or indirectly (including any photographs or images in a Tour Brochure) which is not expressly stated in the Tour Brochure or these terms and conditions; or loss of enjoyment experienced by You in connection with the Tour.Carriers:
54. The Carriers (including airlines, rail carriers and sea carriers used in association with the Tours) are not responsible for statements in the Tour Brochure or any of its features.
55. The applicable conditions of sale in use by the Carriers will constitute the sole contract between the Carriers and you and you acknowledge you have received and agreed to those conditions.Force Majeure:
56. The Company will not be liable for any delay or for failure to perform its obligations under these terms and conditions, resulting from or as a consequence of Force Majeure.
57. If a delay or failure of the Company to perform its obligations is caused or anticipated due to Force Majeure, then performance by the Company of its obligations are suspended.
58. If a delay or failure by the Company to perform its obligations due to Force Majeure exceeds 60 days, the Company may immediately terminate these terms and conditions by giving written notice of termination to you.
59.The Company will endeavour to book the most appropriate airfare for the Tour but accepts no liability in regards to the airfare or any loss suffered by you in connection with it.
60. You should consult your travel agent regarding the terms and conditions of any airfares.
Risk and Insurance:
61. The Company discloses: there are risks associated with the Tour and its activities (including Tour Inclusions); certain risks and dangers may arise beyond control of the Company including events of Force Majeure, hazards of travelling in undeveloped areas, travel by boat, train, automobile, aircraft or other means of transportation, forces of nature, political unrest and accident, illness, epidemics or pandemics in regions without means of rapid evacuation or medical facilities; and baggage is entirely at Your risk during the Tour.
62. Despite any other provision in these terms and conditions, You agree the Company is not liable for, and You discharge and release the Company from all Claims arising from or in connection with any loss or harm suffered by You arising from any risk identified to You referred to in clause 61 or any other risk which You should have reasonably recognised. Furthermore, the Company shall have no liability in connection with any injury to person or property and You agree to release and hold harmless the Company from any such Claims, causes or action or liabilities. The Company also makes no representation or warranty in regard to the experience you may have on a Tour.Itinerary Changes:
63. During local or national holidays, certain facilities such as museums and restaurants, sightseeing tours and shopping may be limited or not available. Alternatives will be offered if possible.
64. It is your sole responsibility to obtain suitable insurances for the Tour. Scenic Tours recommend passengers investigate all Department of Foreign Affairs warnings regarding the safety of raveling to certain destinations listed in this brochure.
65. Smoking is not permitted inside tourist coaches or indoors on any ship and such other places prohibited by the Company from time to time. Smoking is not permitted on the balconies of Scenic Tours River Cruise ships.
66. The Company will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure there are frequent stops on any coach trip and outside decks on board are available for smoking but the Company cannot guarantee these facilities will be available.Baggage Allowance:
67. Clients are entitled to carry one suitcase per person with the total sum of its length, width and height not exceeding 160cm (62 inches) and weight 20kg (42 lbs.). Personal items such as make-up, cameras etc. should be carried in a travel bag. Clients are to ensure that luggage meets the weight requirements, as overweight items will not be carried. Some carriers may surcharge approximately $5 per day for second suitcase per client. Excess baggage for any carrier is at client’s cost.
68. You must ensure luggage meets the weight requirements and you acknowledge the Company (or Carrier as the case may be) may elect not to carry overweight items.
69. Travelers who are less than 21 years old on the departure date must be accompanied by and share a cabin with an adult. Children under 12 years of age are not accepted. This is a condition of Carriers and cruise operators.
70. A party may not commence any court or arbitration proceedings relating to a Dispute unless it complies with clauses 70-74 except where the party seeks urgent interlocutory relief.
71. A party claiming that a Dispute has arisen under or in relation to these terms and conditions must give written notice to the other party specifying the nature of the Dispute (Dispute Notice).
72. On receipt of a Dispute Notice from the other party, the parties must endeavour in good faith to resolve the Dispute expeditiously using informal dispute resolution techniques such as mediation, expert evaluation or determination or other techniques agreed by them.
73. If the parties do not agree within 7 days of receipt of the Dispute Notice (or any further period agreed in writing by them) as to: the dispute resolution technique and procedures to be adopted; the timetable for all steps in those procedures; and the selection and compensation of the independent person required for such technique, then the parties must mediate the Dispute in accordance with the British Columbia Mediator Roster Society Mediation Rules.
74. If the Dispute is not resolved within 30 days of the date of a Dispute Notice, then any party which has complied with the provisions of clauses 70-74 may in writing terminate any dispute resolution process undertaken pursuant to clauses 70-74 and may then commence Court proceedings in relation to the Dispute.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction:
75. The laws applicable in British Columbia govern these terms and conditions.
76. The parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of British Columbia and any courts competent to hear appeals from those courts.
77. Any indemnity in these terms and conditions is independent and survives termination of the Tour. Any other term which by its nature is intended to survive termination of these terms and conditions survives termination.Dictionary:
78. Cancellation Fee means the fee calculated in accordance with clause 84. Carrier means a provider of Tour related services retained or otherwise contracted by the Company to provide all or part of a Tour.
Claim means any allegation, debt, cause of action, liability, claim, proceeding, suit or demand of any nature howsoever arising and whether direct or indirect, consequential, present or future, fixed or ascertained, actual or contingent and whether at law, in equity, under statute or otherwise.
Cruise Director means a cruise director employed or contracted by a Carrier.
Company means Scenic Tours Pty Limited.
Dispute means a dispute arising out of, or relating to the Tour including without limitation a dispute as to interpretation, breach or termination of these terms and conditions or as to any claim in tort, in equity or pursuant to any law.
Force Majeure means any act of God, war, terrorism, fire, flood or any other extreme weather conditions, loss of power, epidemics or pandemics, industrial disputes, slow-downs or other strike activities, riots or civil disturbances, acts of government, semi-government or other authorities, inability to obtain any necessary license or consent and delays caused by subcontractors and suppliers (including telecommunication carriers), material shortages or any other disruption to the provision of the Tour.
GST has the meaning given to it in the GST Act.
GST Act means the Excise Tax Act (CANADA), R.S. 1985.
Security Deposit means in the case of any Tour as showing in the brochure a minimum security deposit per person is payable within 7 days of booking. (refer to individual tour prices for security deposit)
Single Supplement Rate means the rate determined by the Company from time to time.
Tours means a tour coordinated under these terms and conditions by the Company.
Tour Brochure means the brochure as released by the Company from time to time setting out the specific details of the Tour.
Tour Director means a tour director employed or contracted by the Company.
Tour Inclusion includes activities such as trekking, climbing, exploring, swimming, and snorkeling, which are set out in the Tour Brochure and undertaken by you.
Tour Price means the price for the Tour as set out in the Tour Brochure from time to time.
Variation Fee means a fee of $50.
You means each person who makes a booking with the Company for a Tour.
79. In these terms and conditions:
(documents) a reference to these terms and conditions or another
document includes any document which varies, supplements, replaces, assigns or novates these terms and conditions or that other document;
(references) a reference to the background, a party, inclusive, paragraph, schedule or annexure is a reference to the background, a party, inclusive, paragraph, schedule or annexure to or of these terms and conditions;
(headings) inclusive headings and the table of contents are inserted for convenience only and must not be used when interpreting these terms and conditions;
(person) a reference to a person includes a natural person, corporation, statutory corporation, partnership, the Crown and any other organisation or legal entity;
(natural person) a reference to a natural person includes their personal representatives, successors and permitted assigns;
(rights and obligations) a reference to a right or obligation of a party is a reference to a right or obligation of that party under these terms and conditions;
(including) ‘including’ and ‘includes’ are not words of limitation;
(rules of construction) neither these terms and conditions nor any part of it is to be construed against a party on the basis that the party or its lawyers were responsible for its drafting;
(legislation) a reference to any legislation or provision of legislation includes all amendments, consolidations or replacements and all regulations or instruments issued under it;
(writing) a reference to a notice, consent, request, approval or other communication under these terms and conditions means a written notice, request, consent, approval or agreement;
(replacement bodies) a reference to a body (including an institute, association or authority) which ceases to exist or whose powers or functions are transferred to another body is a reference to the body which replaces it or which substantially succeeds to its power or functions; and (corresponding meanings) where a word or phrase is defined, its other grammatical forms have a corresponding meaning.
80. Safety: Please be aware that during Your participation in vacations operated by the carrier companies and Scenic Tours, certain risks and dangers may arise beyond their control including, but not limited to the hazards of travelling in undeveloped areas; travel by boat, train, automobile, aircraft or other means of transportation; the forces of nature, political unrest and accident or illness in remote regions without means of rapid evacuation or medical facilities. The carrier companies and Scenic Tours will not have liability regarding provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care that may be rendered. It is understood that the cruise companies and Scenic Tours will use their best efforts to ensure that adequate measures are taken. Clients must make their own inquiries regarding safety warnings and government warnings in relation to the destinations they are travelling to. These change quite regularly and can be found through the Department of Foreign Affairs. Scenic Tours can accept no responsibility for the actions of terrorism in certain locations.
81. Special Diets: Clients requiring special diets such as vegetarian or diabetic must inform Scenic Tours at time of reservation. Special requests are a request only. Scenic Tours will use commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate requests but cannot guarantee special requests can be met in all instances.
82. Travel Insurance: Scenic Tours strongly advises clients to take out travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances which may arise (including, but not limited to; cancellation fees, loss of luggage, early return following death of a relative as defined in the respective proposal forms).
83. Scenic FreeChoice: Subject to availability, operational and seasonal factors. All Scenic FreeChoice activities can be booked by Tour Director whilst on tour unless otherwise stated. A minimum number of people are required for some activities to operate.
84. Cancellations are not effective until received by the Company. Days of notice are based on the first date on which clients commence arrangements booked through the Company, including pre-tour accommodation and flights. Days of notice commence from the day notice is received (during office hours not being weekend or public holiday) by the Company. The following fees apply to each individual person on cancellation:
Days of Notice: Fee per person
90 days and over: Loss of Deposit
89 days to 60 days: 35% of tour fare
59 days to 30 days: 50% of tour fare
Less than 30 days: 100% of tour fare
Please note: Transferring to another date is treated as a cancellation and cancellation fees will apply.
85. AUTO CANCELLATION
Please note: Bookings will be automatically cancelled if deposit is not received by Scenic Tours within 7 days of booking.
86. SECURITY DEPOSIT:
For all holidays a minimum security deposit of $400 per person is payable within 7 days of booking to ensure a place on the tour is held for the client.
Any security deposits paid will automatically be credited towards the tour price at the time of final payment, unless otherwise requested. Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. Deposits stated above are correct unless otherwise stated in promotional offers.
87. PAYMENT OF TOUR PRICE:
The total tour price must be paid no later than 90 days prior to departure to confirm bookings unless otherwise stated in promotional offers. It is the sole responsibility of clients to pay the tour price by the due date.
88. Tour Price and Duration: All prices in this brochure are quoted in US and Canadian Dollars and include tour preparation, operation and marketing costs. All prices in this brochure are current at time of printing but are subject to change without notice, subject to clause 21. The number of days duration stated in each itinerary includes day of departure and day of return.
90. Hotel Accommodation: For all itineraries which include hotel accommodation it may be necessary to substitute a hotel of a similar standard than the advertised hotel. Due to visa restrictions, pre and post cruise accommodation is not available through Scenic Tours for cities in Russia. IMPORTANT: Overnight accommodation required to meet tour and/or flight connections is not included in the tour price and is at client’s own expense.
Passports and Visas:
91. You must have a valid passport with at least 6 months validity from return date. It is your responsibility to ensure any visas required for countries to be visited on the Tour have been obtained prior to the Tour departure date. Failure to obtain correct documentation will mean You may be unable to participate in particular shore excursions and may be denied boarding and/or entry into certain countries. Passport and visa entry requirements and costs are your sole responsibility.Tour Participation:
92. Scenic Tours welcomes passengers with disabilities or special needs provided they are accompanied by a companion capable of providing all assistance required. Any special requirements must be advised at time of booking. The Company reserves the right to refuse to carry any person who it deems cannot fully care for themselves on Tour without assistance. You acknowledge that some cruise ships do not have elevators and where there is an elevator onboard it will not access all decks. Cabins and bathrooms have significant thresholds and cabin doors and restrooms are not wide enough to allow access by standard wheelchairs. Wheelchairs and walkers cannot be carried on motorcoaches, due to space limitations. Wheelchair passengers should be aware of these limitations. For safety reasons, passengers in wheelchairs cannot be carried on ramps in ports where the ship is at anchor. Scenic Tours regrets that it cannot provide individual assistance to a passenger for walking, dining, getting on and off motorcoaches or other transportation vehicles, or other personal needs. Travelers who need such assistance must be accompanied by a qualified companion.
93. Clothing: Scenic Tours recommends casual and comfortable clothing. Please bring comfortable walking shoes for sightseeing. Dinner attire is casual - open-neck shirts, slacks and dresses. Coats and ties may be worn but not required. The Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Dinners are dressy but not formal. For the winter months, Scenic Tours recommends a warm coat, gloves, water-resistant footwear and an umbrella. Laundry facilities are available en route for a fee.
94. Cruise Cabins: Tour price is based on the cruise cabin category as indicated on each tour page. Upgrades to other cabin types are available at additional cost. Please note that specific cabin requests are a request only.
95. Currency and Credit Cards: Most countries visited will use the Euro although some still have their own local currency. For small purchases ashore or in small towns, local currency is advantageous. Many locations accept major credit cards. ATM machines are located on shore at some stops. Prior to departure the client should confirm that their ATM card and PIN will work overseas. All purchases on board are charged to the client’s shipboard account. The on board currency on River Cruise ships is the Euro. Shipboard accounts may be paid in Euros or by credit card.
96. Deckplans: The deckplans and cabin sizes are correct at the time of printing but are subject to change.
97. River Cruising – Cruise Director: An experienced English-speaking Cruise Director accompanies every departure. They are there to ensure your comfort, answer questions and make your holiday relaxed and memorable. Cruise Directors are employed by Scenic Tours.
98. River Cruise Dining: Dining rooms are single, open seating - dine at a table of your choice.
99. Electricity: Onboard electricity is 220v. You will need a plug adaptor to use small items like an alarm clock.
100. Hairdryers: All European ships have hairdryers available.
101. Itinerary Changes: During local or national holidays, certain facilities such as museums and restaurants, sightseeing tours and shopping may be limited or not available. Alternatives will be offered if possible.
102. Cruising Itinerary Changes: In the event of water level problems on stretches of any river, it may be necessary to operate part of the itinerary by motorcoach. The cruise companies and Scenic Tours reserve the right to cancel, advance or postpone any scheduled vacation and/or sailing date and may, but are not obligated to, substitute another vessel and shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever to tour/cruise participants by reason of any such cancellation, advancement or postponement. In the event of cancellation by cruise companies and Scenic Tours only, tour/cruise participant's sole right of recourse shall be to a refund of monies paid to the cruise companies and Scenic Tours in connection with such tour/cruise. In the event of charters of the vessels, strikes, lockouts, riots or stoppage of labour for whatever cause for any other reason whatsoever, the cruise companies may at any time cancel, advance or postpone any scheduled sailing and may, but are not obliged to, substitute another vessel and shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever to tour/cruise participants by reason of any such cancellation, advancement or postponement. The cruise companies and Scenic Tours reserve the right to change the itinerary whenever conditions, in the opinion of the Master of the Ship or local waterways regulations, render it advisable or necessary. The cruise companies and Scenic Tours will not be responsible for any loss or expense caused by reasons of such changes.
103. River Cruising Medical Services: Ships do not carry a doctor onboard, however due to close proximity to land, medical services can be called rapidly. Medical costs are at client’s own expense. Scenic Tours STRONGLY RECOMMENDS SUITABLE TRAVEL INSURANCE.
104. River Cruising Onboard Language: The language onboard is English. All staff, crew and tour guides speak English and all announcements and lectures will be made in English.
105. Images, Photographs and Information: Images of ms Scenic Sapphire/ms Scenic Emerald/ms Scenic Diamond are artist impressions. Final appearance and specifications may vary. The cabin layouts, cabin sizes and deckplan are correct at the time of printing but may vary. Cabin images are artist impressions. Final appearance and specifications may vary. The photographs in the brochure and information provided represent typical scenes and descriptive detail for each tour, but it is possible that the subject matter may not be seen or experienced whilst on tour. Some pictures may have been digitally enhanced.
106. Safes: Scenic Tours River Cruise ships have in-room safes in all cabins.
107. Minibar: Scenic Tours River Cruise ships have minibars in all cabins.
108. River Cruising – Single Accommodation: A limited number of single cabins are available at a Single Supplement rate for each cruise. Please contact your Vacations To Go travel counselor for details of price.
109. Sightseeing Tours: It is not possible for large motorcoaches to be used for some city sightseeing. Many towns and cities will be visited by way of walking tours and accordingly, a reasonable level of fitness is required. For River Cruising, clients must be able to climb ramps, for ship embarkation/ disembarkation depending on river levels these may have a number of steep steps.
110. Intercity transportation: All inter-city transportation on Cruise/Tours, i.e. holidays with Land & Cruise content will be by way of luxury coach, first-class rail or air.
111. Mountain Excursions: Tours of Switzerland and the Alps include mountain excursions to at times high altitudes. Please consult with your doctor to ensure you have adequate level of fitness and are in good health before participating in these included excursions.
112. Group Sizes: On land tours over 7 days in duration, the number of participants will be limited to 40 guests on each coach.
113. Coach transportation: For land tours of over 7 days in duration, it may, for operational reasons, not be possible to provide 40 seat coaches on all departures. In any case, participants will be limited to 40 guests.
114. These Terms & Conditions may be subject to further changes by the company from time to time and are shown on the company website.
115. IS/EUR/USCD0910: Printed by Frontier Canada Inc.